BMW R1100 GS
Geeh, what is this bike ugly! Never bought for it’s looks. 100% bought for its use: long distance riding with luggage. Even with two. Handy and convenient for a tall guy who likes to pack and go. I did mine a nosejob, to half the enourmous standard peel.
It’a a heavy machine but once rolling, it is very manoeuvrable as long as you stay away from mud and deep sand. I took the bike a couple of times into France, crossed the Alps to Italy, took the ferry to England, rode it trough a tiny bit of Russia and crossed the Baltic States partly over gravel. If I only had (the guts to claim) the time… Join for a ride?
- Nosejob (plastic from Poland)
- Home made aluminium extended rearrack
- Home made 12v sockets for camera charging
- Steel braided brake lines
- Copper glide bearings in gas valve housing
- Upgraded suspension and damping
- Lard ass comfy seat
- Breathe free exhaust pipe
- Exhaust pipe extension to prevent smoked luggage