Off Rohler trekking tractor
After a long time trying to find a suitable -large- used tracking bicyle frame to accommodate my strong and trusty mountain bike wheel and brake set, I finally found this three year old trekking / mountain bike that fits like a glove.
A long list of smart details and quality components and less than half the new price were just enough to persuade me to empty my piggybank and get this well used peddling tractor to Amsterdam.
I completely disassembled the bike and re-greased all moving parts, bleeded the brakes and had the spoke tension checked. Now it’s good to go on adventure. And it’s more than you really need! In 2014, I rode 3800km on it on roads from Poland to Kazakhstan. It did a very good job.
- aluminium 23″ / 58cm frame and forks (Gerrit Gaastra)
- 14 speed hub gearbox (Rohloff)
- eccentric adjusted chain drive (KMC, Heggeman)
- platform pedals with toe clips (MKS)
- 1.5l pet bottle cages (BBB)
- hub dynamo and led-lights (Son, Bush & Muller)
- 26″ wheels with plastic mud guards (Merida, SKS)
- road tires (Schwalbe Big Apple)
- off road tires (Schwalbe Marathon Extreme (discontinued) )
- frame mounted hydrolic rim brakes (Maguara)
- steal tube rear racks (Tubus)
- waterproof rack bags (Vaude)
- waterproof handlebar bag with self made camera padding (Ortlieb)
- rack sack (Vaude)
- luggage net (no brand)
- straps (no brand)
- chain lube (oil based)
- grease (Shimano)
- mineral brake fluid (Citroen DS LHM)